I have a couple of recipes I'd like to share with you today. First I have a Quinoa Vegetable salad! This salad can be served warm right away, or served again cool. I really enjoyed it cooled over the following days.
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
1 cup of dried quinoa
1 orange bell pepper
3 tomatoes of choice
1/4 of a red onion
1 can of rinsed garbanzo beans
1 1/2 cups of corn
2 tbl. olive oil
2 tbl. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1. Cook 1 cup of quinoa in about 2 cups of water. Let water come to a boil then let sit 15 minutes to set.
2. Meanwhile dice all the vegetables and combine in a bowl.
3. Make dressing combining the olive oil, lemon and basil in a small bowl.
4. Once quinoa is done add to vegetables then add dressing.
I recently made Chocolate PB Energy Bites from The Lean Green Bean. I am experimenting with different snacks like these so I can hopefully come up with some on my own! Lindsey is the blogger behind The Lean Green Bean and I have fallen in love with her site! So many pictures and she is a true healthy blogger, blogging everyday and living a truly healthy and happy life! Here is her recipe:
1 1/2 cup of oats
2 tbl. chia seeds
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Combine all dry ingredients, except chocolate, into a bowl.
2. Melt peanut butter, honey and chocolate together in the microwave until smooth.
3. Pour chocolate peanut butter mixture into dry ingredients.
4. Form into balls. Refrigerate and keep in an air tight container.
Happy experimenting everyone!